1. The Pitch & Polish programme (“the Programme”) is sponsored by Engen Petroleum and Nebank (“the Sponsors”) in partnership with Raizcorp (“the Promotor”).
2. The following terms and conditions govern participation in the Programme (“Terms and Conditions”), and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Promotor. These Terms and Conditions are binding and enforceable against every person who registers to apply for the Programme (“the Applicant/s”). By registering an application for the Competition, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
3. You are entitled to apply to participate in the Competition if: (i) you are a natural person who is at least 18 years old and who resides in South Africa and holds a valid South African identity document; and (ii) you operate a business within South Africa registered with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC). You may not participate if you are a supplier of goods or services in connection with the Programme, or if you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to the Promotor or Sponsors or any other entity which directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promotor or Sponsors, or if you are any of the aforementioned persons’ spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister or business partner.
4. All applications must be submitted by 11 April 2022 through the online application form. No late applications will be accepted, and incorrectly completed or incomplete applications will be disqualified. Entries of Applicants who have previously competed in the Competition will not be accepted. Each Applicant may only submit one application entry.
5. All entry forms become and remain the property of the Promotor and will not be returned to Applicants.
6. Only successful Applicants will be contacted, as selected at the sole discretion of the Promotor. Should you not be contacted, please assume that your application has not been successful. If you have not been selected, you are still able to watch the show at www.pitchandpolish.co.za
7. The duration of the Programme and competition is 7 March to 25 October 2022, subject to any changes at the sole discretion of the Promotor (“the Competition Period”).
8. All decisions made by the appointed selection team and or judge(s) in terms of the contestant selection process are final and binding. No reasons will be given for such decisions, and no appeal against a decision is possible.
9. The Promotor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject or disqualify an application at any stage should it transpire that such application has been submitted by illegitimate, suspicious and / or an ineligible Applicant. The Promotor also reserves the right to disqualify at any time, at its sole discretion, any Applicant for good cause including but not limited to non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions and / or the violation of any applicable laws, codes and / or regulations.
10. Applicants must comply with all relevant government laws and regulations and / or industry requirements.
11. Applicants may not submit entries on behalf of another individual or entity and may only compete using their own business.
12. By entering the Competition, Applicants understand that their businesses will be exposed to the judges, the audience and the media. The Programme is a non-confidential competition and Applicants take full responsibility for appropriately protecting their concepts, recipes, formulas, codes and intellectual property.
13. Should you selected to participate in the Competition, you will be required to provide a copy of your valid South African identity document and proof of registration and ownership of your business. Failure to provide such required information and documents may disqualify you for the Competition.
14. Should your Application be successful, you agree that the Promotor will conduct criminal and / or fraud checks some of which may require you to submit fingerprints. Should you be found to have a criminal or fraud record of a serious nature, you will be disqualified.
15. Should your application be successful and should you compete and successfully move to the next rounds, you agree to make yourself available to travel during the Competition Period. These dates are:
16. Should you be required to travel for the Programme and should you miss any flights arranged on your behalf by the Promotor, you will be automatically disqualified from the Programme. You may not make your own alternative travel arrangements.
17. Should you be selected as a contestant, you agree to make yourself available for interviews throughout the duration of the Programme and Competition Period. The dates are as follows: 7 March to 25 October 2022. Should you not be available for these dates, you cannot enter the competition.
18. The appointed judges reserve the right to select the winners at their own discretion and are not obliged to divulge contestants’ scores or any other information relating to the judging process. The judges’ decisions for all stages are final.
19. The judges will adjudicate on the basis of the information supplied by contestants. Should this information prove to be false, the Promotor reserves the right to cancel or withdraw awards.
20. The announcement of the winner of the Programme will take place in October 2022, as determined by the Promotor.
21. Any prize money won during the Competition will be paid into the bank account of the contestant or suppliers to the contestant as per the business case submitted by the contestant at milestones as determined by the Promotor. All payments will be made by electronic funds transfer and no cash will be payable. The Promotor has discretion as to whether the payments being paid into the contestants account are the contestants’ supplier account.
22. By entering, Applicants agree to participate in such promotional activity and material as may be required by the Promotor.
23. By participating in the Competition, Applicants grant the Promotor and Sponsors full rights to use any photographs and video taken during the Programme. Such videos and photographs will be used in but not limited to printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding proposals. You also consent that the Promotor can use the contents of your Programme application for marketing purposes, present and future.
24. The Promotor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate all or any part of the Programme without notice. Applicants shall not be entitled to remuneration of any kind should the Promotor exercise this right.
25. By applying to participate in the Competition, you agree to provide the Promotor with certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, identity number and contact details (“Applicant Information”). You undertake that all such provided information will be accurate and current. Should your Applicant Information change at any time, you undertake to inform the Promotor of same as soon as reasonably possible.
26. By participating in the Competition, you consent to the use by the Promotor, Sponsors or a third party nominated by the Promotor or Sponsors of your Applicant Information, for use throughout Programme and the Competition Period for promotional and marketing purposes, announcement of awards or disqualifications, and other purposes related to the Programme. The Promotor and the Sponsors will ensure that all such Applicant Information is handled in accordance with the applicable South African data and protection of personal information legislation, and that all of their employees, third party service providers, divisions, affiliates and partners (including their employees and third party service providers) having access to your Applicant Information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality obligations in relation to your Applicant Information.
27. The Promotor will be entitled to use or disclose the Applicant Information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process, or to protect and defend the Promotor’s rights or property.
28. The Promoter, the Sponsors, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors shall not be liable for any costs incurred by contestants in participation of the Competition for any reason whatsoever.
29. The Promoter, the Sponsors, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors assume no liability for any direct or indirect loss, injury or damage arising from the Applicant’s participation in the Programme nor for the prize’ winners in the fulfilment of the prize howsoever arising. Should you participate in the Competition, you hereby indemnify and agree to hold the Promotor and Sponsors, as well as their directors, officers, agents, representatives and employees harmless against any loss, liability, damage or expense of whatsoever nature, which you or your business may suffer arising out of your participation in the Competition, save to the extent that the same is caused by the wilful misconduct or gross negligence of such parties.
30. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond the Promotor’s reasonable control, it reserves the right to cancel the Competition, to change the number or nature of the prize at any time, or to change the rules at the Promotor’s discretion.
31.Entries for viewer prizes close at midnight on the day of broadcast.